6 days ago
6 days ago
How you doin? We're back with FRIENDS of the Podcast: our Friends retrospective and could we be any more excited? Ian and Georgia are here on a Central Perk Sunday to discuss all things Season 1 of the hit 90s sitcom as we discuss Season 1, Episode 14: The One with the Candy Hearts. We try to figure out who's got the keys this week as we discuss:
- The relative merits of beloved (by some) Irish band, the Cranberries
- Whether the Ross/Carol kiss counts as cheating and are we still too easy on Carol for the affair with Susan?
- We discuss the merits of Foley jokes
- Does Joey have more game than we at first think?
- How Maggie Wheeler hits Prime Janice form on this one
- Why does James Burrows direct so many episodes in Season 1 and should he be given more credit for the phenomenon FRIENDS was?
- We've got 3 recurring guest stars to choose from this week: Carol, Susan, and Janice
- Ian talks about the cinematography of the episode, not a usual discussion point
- We discuss which parts of the episode are the best for water cooler discussion
We're so thrilled with our theme music by Baltic House Orchestra. Catch their stuff over at:
If you want to get in on the discussion, you can do so over at our Patreon page - patreon.com/bfe
Next up: The One with Two Parts (1.16/1.17)
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.